It has been proven time and time again that human beings can live without food for three weeks, but they cannot live four days without water. Even though an individual continues breathing, he will eventually go into shock. This only goes to show that water is life, and without it, living would almost be impossible. Yet it is a painful truth that there are millions of people across the globe who have no means of accessing clean drinking water.
Proof Of Clean Water Deficiency
While the developing regions and countries have everything from state-of-the-art technology to fresh air and clean water, sadly, that is not what the rest of the world is experiencing. There continues to be insufficiency or lack of clean water sources in many, many countries. Here are some devastating facts about it.
- For the past four years, over 63 million residents in India have been getting water from unclean sources.
- In New York alone, there are more than 8 million people exposed to various toxins in the water that they drink. These toxins include viruses and bacteria.
- In some areas of South Africa, water can be inaccessible for two straight days. This, unfortunately, occurs 60% of the time.
These facts now lead us to present a list of reasons why we deserve access and why we just can’t survive without clean drinking water.
- It Nourishes. Again, water is life. The government and other individuals who are in power need to understand that so that a law must be implemented soon for water to be accessible for everyone. A human being is composed of 60% water, which in itself is solid proof of how important water is to us. All human beings require proper hydration to function physiologically fully. Water enables blood to maintain its consistency so that it can flow smoothly and transport oxygen throughout all parts of the body.
- It Cleans. Sanitized and safe water helps clean the body from different toxins, such as those from bodily reactions, organ abnormalities, or the consumption of poisonous water.
- It Aids In Food Production. Clean water is required to start and finish the process of food production. If the water used to nourish the crops is contaminated, then they will harbor bacteria and other bad substances that will eventually cause disease to those who will consume the produce. Thus, no clean food is produced without a clean and safe water source.
- It Prevents Illness. Naturally, if we consume contaminated water from the crops that we take in or the water that we drink, we would develop various illnesses. Some of these illnesses are life-threatening, such as typhoid, hepatitis, and cholera, all of which are mainly due to consumption of contaminated water. There have been real-life stories that we have seen and heard about people living near factories and businesses that have contaminated their drinking water, and most of these have shown how much dirty water has affected the lives of its residents, including unborn babies.
- Better Sanitation Equipment. If the water used to wash the dishes and utensils is toxic, then undoubtedly this will result in various diseases. We must then have access to clean water for cooking, cleaning our homes, and other responsibilities that we regularly do. Clean water produces overall good health.